Sunday, December 30, 2012

"Auktsion" record new songs with John Zorn and Marc Ribot

Scoop Leonid Fyodorov, head of "Auktsion." At the recent U.S. tour, invited Frank London of the Klezmatics, the group to sign with him and iconic musician John Zorn and Marc Ribot. Here Leonid Fedorov says in the March issue of the Russian "Rolling Stone". - We have just arrived from the States. We were offered to publish a collection. After ten years of regular visits finally noticed us! (Laughs) But it's better late than never. - Why not noticed before? - At that time we were in the right place. In America, it is very important. It's how things work: You can play hundreds of festivals and get no benefit from it. We played in a place of worship. It just will not - we engaged Frank London. - I for ignorance, Frank London excuse - who is that? - A trumpeter. He plays in the New York band The Klezmatics, famous in the U.S., but not in pop circles, of course. 30 people on stage nine singers, horns, percussion ... Complete Pest. We played with them at a festival, where they were introduced. In the end, Frank says, "Let's write something together, I have a large studio I invite more artists want." We spravshivaem: "What" - "Well, I'm offering you two, - he said - I do not know. whether you agree with a name is John Zorn and others -.. Marc Ribot "We fell into the sediment. And he continues: ". Course, you can still suggest some people if they do not fit Give me your name and I'll tell you, I get it or not." I jokingly said, "We will think about it." In fact, put a great trip. - When will you write? - May-June pre-arranged. I say this as if everything has already happened. Of course not. Still many questions to solve. - For example, write what? - How is it? New, of course. - Is the "auction" is a new material? - Not yet. But I guess that's not a problem to find. - Strange. Why in the last 12 years was the problem? - Yes, it never was. The problem is the joy out of the process of writing was obtained. We have all tried and all, it was just boring. In the States, I hope everything will be different. In New York, expresses a very kayfovo.Tam atmosphere creativity, self expression. All the air is impregnated with the latter. And if it be a general enthusiasm, something born safely, even in the studio. I know this from experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment