Thursday, July 25, 2013

Elena Obraztsova: laziness - a feature of our national character!

Opera prima Elena Obraztsova talks about the completion of the international competition in St. Petersburg, said the tenors and the situation at the Mikhailovsky Theatre, their aesthetic taste and life priorities, Timothy and blockade. Of course, the most important from the perspective of technology is a competitive tenors Pavarotti, where the winners Khachatur Badalyan (also a special prize for the best interpretation of the Neapolitan songs), Alex Sayapin (a special award for the best ensemble prize and Domingo) and Alexei Tatarintsev (also announced premium best dramatic picture and the audience award). But said in an interview with Elena not just about the competition, but also on the situation with the Mikhailovsky Theatre, their aesthetic taste and life priorities, says Timothy and blockade. Elena Obraztsova - competition in all areas still exist on the problems that currently exist in this area. What are the disadvantages identified or confirmed the name Pavarotti Competition in the education of young tenors? - Lack of good teachers in the first place. Many boys cry instead to sing, but not so much their own problem, as. A problem at school Should be close to the person, who explain, you can customize. The teacher is not enough. Therefore, by the way, I'm glad that as part of our jury was Zurab Sotkilava - easy, despite everything, still today, in search of young singers and educate young singers, almost all promising Russian Tenors - his students. - A repertoire? Participants sing the same: Calaf in "Turandot" by Puccini, Nemorino in "Elixir of Love" Donizetti ... - This is understandable, Calaf's aria is very effective and allows us to show their best side. But really, the problem is particularly acute with the repertoire. And not with the repertoire, and with the very artists who are lazy. By the way, this property is inherent in the first place for our singers, and indeed our entire nation. Young artists abroad try to see for original works to surprise the audience and the jury. And our laziness! The only thing ... on the surface - However, the cancellation of performances at the Mikhailovsky theater, opera, you led at that time commented on the "Oresteia" Taneyev, you said: "If the operator is not so many years - it means that something is wrong with her." By what the youth then expand the repertoire? - God forbid bad by Taneyev, but in reality there are many simply outstanding and are rarely performed music, you have to find it and sing. I made this year, the program of Baroque music. Laziness - a feature of our national character, it's hard to do anything. But it needs to overcome, especially in the works are. And the competition - also contribute a certain barrier to overcome this. - The competition is named after accidental Pavarotti - you work, communicate with him. What are your impressions of him than from a man - We have worked with him, first in San Francisco, then to New York, in Europe, sings "A Masked Ball" by Verdi and some other appearances. First, this was of course a great artist and a very challenging himself, very excited when things are not done at the right level. - And in general with one of the partners you work tenors simply beautiful? - Translated from the Russian - Volodya Atlantov. He, among other things, is also a great dramatic actor. And in the broader sense - with Placido Domingo. Great singer, a great actor, a wonderful partner, a handsome man - somehow everything came together very well. While I sing with Carreras, and also with great joy and with many other artists of the same class. - The competition is the memory of Pavarotti involved 36 candidates countertenor, has reached the finals. Countertenor with some particularly difficult situation? - Everything counts in the fact that the Italian members of our jury decided that since Pavarotti never sang countertenor repertoire, it would be inappropriate to award the Voice Award in his name. Not to mention the dignity of voice and better equipping the participants in this category, we could not, therefore, special rates is limited. - Where did you recently spend more time - in Moscow or St. Petersburg? - After seeing the artistic director of the St. Petersburg Mikhailovsky theater was - of course in St. Petersburg, almost the last year I have lived here, but in Moscow I had a concert, I sang two new solo program. Sure, I can say that, like. Many artists, I live on a plane But I hope his next year in Moscow to visit more often, even though I was born in Leningrad, and it is also my city. Now I'm going for a long time in Japan! - Yours, if I may say so, is connected to a return to Moscow with the work? - I have an idea for a TV show where famous people have been trying to be myself in the opera genre. How much can already see this infinite "Idol"? Let the audience hear real music! Manual channel away seems done with the idea. - For you, it will not be the first to experience the hard work on the so-called show business - in the summer and were quite successful, one evening, the popular television competition "New Wave" together with rapper Timati. What are your impressions? - Beautiful! I am very pleased with this acquaintance. Timati - wonderful to know very deep boys, talking a foreign language to him very interesting. And the fact that it is all in chains and tattoos - well, that's a picture, so what? I also own time for the concert drew a tattoo for hands! - You are not alone on the stage spoke with him, he will still roll in my sports car on the Jurmala - Oh yeah, waiting for the road to delete, and then benched 260 km. Perhaps, I thought, that I was afraid to cry, and I said, 'Come on, PUSH! "I'm on such machines, while on tour in Italy, went at a time when the Soviet Union on her and not heard - Many of your colleagues of the same rank and status profess very conservative views on life and especially in the arts . to live Yes, I just love it - You, on the other hand, frankly - it is because of the nature of the character, with the aesthetic taste, or something else? Almost the entire siege to the end I went through in Leningrad. We left the path of life, almost from the last car, and my mother told me the car, marching before our own, was directly in front of the ice away. Then every event in their lives, the fact that I live in, I noticed as happy as a gift from God. With this feeling I live permanently. I sing opera, old Soviet songs, jazz playing in the play Viktyuka, I want to do a project on TV - I am interested. - You are very fond of the company of young people ... - Of course, but they can remain very young, feel that modern life, singing contemporary music. A few years ago I decided to make a series, cut almost bald and it begs the scene. The first reaction of the audience - a shock, but then took it with humor. Then worked on musicals, made a whole program of Zongo Kurt Weill, some interest numbers from "Chicago." - But how do you feel about modern opera production? - I believe that an artist has the right to everything - but if he was the author of the work. A plan can not hurt someone else. I have been involved in a production of "The Queen of Spades" by Valery Fokin - is a modern and very interesting director, and I like this show. And when to change things, and even arrest, start the music - this is not acceptable for me. I believe this. Everything just out of ignorance and lack of talent - There was a time when you refused to participate in the project because you are not satisfied with the approach that are the materials? - Italian manufacturer, who invited the way the son of famous singer Mario Del Monaco, I sing Carmen. The game is available at this time was, and I went ahead to see him on stage - it's easier to get into production. I am happy - and then Jose in red shorts, with boxing gloves. And so on: Carmen - a prostitute and all that stuff. I took a round trip ticket and flew off. Del Monaco to hurt me terribly, awarded recently. Valentin Kolesnikov, "Private Correspondent"

No comments:

Post a Comment