Monday, July 29, 2013

Pelagia: When people are working in the music, - to trust them!

11th April in "Crocus City Hall" a big solo concert will be Pelagia. Before the concert Pelagia said about the new life already published online album "Pathways" and how she sees her future. - You have recently had "Chart Dozen" and looked like fun and organic. - I was there to have fun! The only disturb what - in the wings was a very bad sound, and could not listen to those who want. I've only heard great Vakarchuk, and that is by standing on the stage at this point. And it caused me great joy. It was fun. - Admit it, you know, someone did not like the speaker? Why is rock 'n' roll spirit is to say - I'm not like this guy, but let them sing and prove that he is a great guy. - And to the artists, I do not think awesome, I did not say that they are awesome. Nothing to say. We had a script, of course. But we have tried to adapt it for themselves. Say: "The Time Machine" I think really great musicians. Pasha Deshuroy we met on the basis of love for "Agatha Christie" - how could I not love them? Brainstorm sounds very European style! To the "King and the Clown" I've never treated carefully, but after we recorded a duet with the pot, I feel good about it -. I never thought it to be so And has now been moved when I see him on stage. Pelagia - What will become of the album "Path", where on a physical medium, in contrast to the online version? And when it comes out? - I'm not going to talk about the exact release date, because every day is very hard pressure on us. The process of writing the album, and so hard for all of us, and now you set the framework - to this point, you have to write in order to keep this because it promised a specific date ... In this case, we have a busy tour schedule, and often we can not give up may be some activities where we called, are talking. In Vancouver I had to go, and in London. And when we published a few months, especially for the record - we do not write! Well, you have only yourself pulling force ... I would call these additional bonuses. But here's mother believes that arranged in the minds of people so that the bonuses - is something optional, add a few songs on the heap. But it is not. Not unlike the new tracks, which are published in the "Path", the Internet included. Just one more plate in the same concept. One thing is certain - it will be a double album. - These "bonuses" were already written when coming online publication? - No, no! - Decision on the album published on the internet was pretty spontaneous decision? - Absolutely! It was not a business project. People ask me sometimes - say, live up to your commercial expectations? I just laugh in response. We - the business, to be honest (laughs). And the disease is contagious, because we believe such a machine, such as. The studio "Union" on this story But there are arguments. In any case, if you share the album on physical media - the next day he gets to the Internet. Why not all the Internet officially own? Very rightly said, BG, it is foolish to hope to raise money to make the album's release. In this country - certainly. Criterion we demand actor - the number of spectators in the consideration and how often. But the studio recording - it's a special job. On the one hand, in the studio you. Not feel the energy concert, this strong effect on the audience There is a microphone in a small room with glass. And I have too many emotions for this is a small room! - The live album was not canceled. - Of course, but this is different. But in the studio, you can pass the subtle nuances in the music, which is very important for us. And how our love for symphonic and large form has a lot of vocals, guitar, writing, etc. The concert is all run possible. While at the concert on 11 April in Crocus we are some innovations that use to bring studio-quality live performance line. So what I learned is the new musical and technical areas ... We suffer more perfectionism, almost painful. And press the red button on the record we Pasha acts cheeky way - to start immediately think that it's forever, it's grand to hear ... (Laughs) Anyway, I was much worse, as a gift to the public the previous album "Songs Damsel." Because it was usually the first real album. The one that got him under the name "Pelagia" for the album know, we do not believe it was a compilation of everything that was at the time. And it was her debut album "Songs Damsel." We've been looking for, many were wrong, we had a lot of different views on the concept. And it turned out uneven, probably - contradictory. The "way" we find at once to a common denominator. We all crave together as global problems, and on the palate, and it's cool. It would now seem to be much worse. In fact, in the "path" is the author of the songs that have rendered themselves more reactions, and not always positive. So many people have a point of view, what we have to do music. Someone thinks that the original songs are zavedut rock or platform, and will take us from folklore. Someone on the contrary hopes that art song, we expand their offerings, and will be able to talk to people on many different topics. And someone gives us the right to experiment with your own taste. For us the most important thing in music - experiments. In general, music - so ephemeral substance, it is unclear what to do with it even more. Just to experiment! And the "path" - a much more solid album. It's authentic songs and original compositions - but they are much more balanced interpretation. "For us, the most important thing in music - Experiments In general, music -. So ephemeral substance, it is unclear what to do with it even more just experiment." - Double CD means that the first CD - an online version , and the second - a new product? - How to compile, I do not know. But also to see the design - is very nice. Put on the Internet, we tested the response. He'll get a powerful, that inspires us - it is not all in vain, it means that people need, what we do. They say that the album will be released in mid-April. - You mentioned about Vancouver. How do you judge "Russian House", which is all the cursing? - Sam Vancouver I really liked. They said it was almost a village. But this is not a village - a beautiful and modern city. I liked the Canadians. Friendly welcoming people, very honest - they do not feel the same mock politeness, the Americans often guilty. And they smile! So good! And what rank they have built sport as they relate to the athletes - it can not help but admire. I was very happy when they beat the Americans. Our hotel was near the Olympic flame, there were always lots of tourists and locals. And as Canadians began to cry when she scored the winning goal! You bibikayut in cars, embraced in the streets, clapped on the shoulder of each passerby. All reminiscent of great positive festival. And in the "Russian House" I was only once - came, sang and left. I know nothing about him. Personally organized our visit was excellent. But here I do not even no competition ... But we went there a solo concert at the club. For a long time we have not played in the clubs! Little people to 300 We collected! It was a pleasure. Of course, the Russian were the majority, but there were Canadians. Russian and Canadian were so open and emotional, as Canadians. Perhaps living far from home makes it so. I do not know why we are sullen and unsmiling. Probably because of the weather. - What are your impressions of working with Bobby McFerrin? Unlike the solo? - This is a completely different experience - is in the ensemble. I am by nature - not an upstart, quite the opposite - I have to hide in a building only. While I love the shows ... But that's not what I go out and command, no. I like to talk to people that are configured on the same wavelength. And I can talk to them, share something. And anyway, for me music is like shamanistic ritual. Important for me when singing and even fall when listening to music in a particular state. McFerrin - the most important shaman in the world, probably. I was of the fact that I was invited to work with him shocked. I saw this man like any other. He had a concert, and in tears thinking - God, why do you play music when there are people that are so white! And after the concert Lisa Gerrard (Dead Can Dance) had the same experience ... No singing, no - and everything. And it was so. Mother when we fly in an airplane, then casually said, "Yes, here it comes McFerrin invited to sing on the project." Yes, that was my first reaction to say "no"! I am close to him, then do not breathe I can not sing that! It was not easy. I do not know how to improvise. I also do not jazz skills. - In popular music, there are a large part of improvisation. - Yes, but not the same. There is still a pretty clear structure, headed to improvise, and then - shades. And here - complete improvisation. There was no script. It was painted, when and who is the soloist. There was not a recurring theme! All there is here and now in the mind of a god-like man. And he - a man of the world. You look at him and realize that my desire to achieve harmony within themselves and in music - he already had. He's a crazy energy - she is calm, clear and yet powerful. You get up under him, as greeshsya under the sun, and. That was a very important project for me. I can not tell you improvise that learned here so fast. But some cock in me McFerrin opened, of course. I was free. I have started a record on the iPhone, as we sit at the rehearsals, he sing one of "Circle Songs" - gave us all of the party. I turned on the phone secretly recorded. And I hear this record every day! It is a calming effect on me and garmoniziruyusche. - Tabloids reported on your commitment. Wait to get married soon? - To be honest, I do not have these issues of interest to anyone ... It's all the consequences of participation in the show "Two stars" ... It's over, and everything seems to be forgotten. I never thought the publications of interest. Let these questions for me. When I get married, I tell you - I married. I will not hide anything if asked. Not yet published. - The song "Oh let the night" in the entry uses "Hotel California", but why not in the credits of this word? - For us it is surprising to hear that many of these entry "Hotel California". This is not an offer. Here in the "very early" from "Mission: Impossible" was just downright offer. And it was not even thought of! We did not think about it and not hear it at all. By the way, like many other musicians It's like almost the same harmonic motion. But it is often used - from classical to rock and pop. It just happened that at the hearing on the motion steps in solo, as we do, and arpeggios in four guitars, like the Eagles, sound alike. But this is a harmony ... In principle, we are pretty much in this regard. Pasha particularly painful relates to this. It often happens that he says something, it is appears that there is something like someone, even three notes - and all designs will fly into the basket. This arrangement does not quote or plagiarism, and the coincidence in harmony, and above all - the atmosphere, so that's all right, we have no one to be hurt on the right. - Very pleased with the treatment in the song "Werewolf Prince" on the subject of Russian history. Now read Karamzin ... - Me too! - ... And I think a number of dramatic stories, worthy of singing it. It goes on? - Of course, touching all the stories, but we really want to continue this topic. Want to dig deeper. What if someone listens to a song on, and on the Internet looking to go for a Prince Vsevolod noted. I think that the Russian culture is not necessary to limit only the classical literature, though it is certainly high. Epics, legends, fairy tales - it is also our "roots" that of which then formed a harmonious personality. In our country, national identity - a very difficult task. But it is necessary. And if you do not know the story - it is impossible to answer many important questions. Why do you want to live like that, why such disasters occur, why we live at all. Many questions can be answered in the folklore. Or at least not ready to answer, but the key is that, if realized dig you deeper and deeper can. - Hope Babkin my opinion in an interview that Pelagia is not worthy of her repertoire ... - This is the most common criticism of my address - I do not use it myself. Agree on the fact that I have the data. And further misunderstandings. Someone said I should sing. Someone thinks that should exclusively Cossack songs are sung. Other - we sing authentic folk songs and kapellno or so that music unformatted this understanding. Someone recommended only sing for accordion. Someone - with a gallery or a folk orchestra. I have my own opinion about the traditions that exist to this day. I hear a variety of music, and it affects the kind of music that I did. Who said I can not experiment? Why can not I? I want! - Criticism of something clear. First, the singer plays Pelagia with artists such as Radiohead, but with young musicians and singing is a masterpiece. Second, if in the year to 4 different music - and the orchestra, rock, experimental and ballads - the questions are much less! - Yes I interested with the orchestra! And I would have been accused still that I do not even define. I was wondering, do romances now, and I want to do a whole album and single concert. As for authentic songs like "Ptashechki" - we are moving in that direction, and very tender their "return" to the present. Songs do not want too many authentic treatments. We leave them untouched. And musicians, the way Mr. Guitarist and accordion player - winner of national and even international awards, unlike me (laughs). "The most important task for the audience -. Trust the artist or not, to be his disciples," From childhood I have been to with the story that everyone knows how and what to do, confronted. And I think why we should not recommend it to anyone, nothing. The most important task for the audience - trust the artist. Or not to be his student. Nikolai Baskov here for example. Everyone talks about it - that's what golosina why he sings opera, and singing pop songs. Now, I want him! He believes it should be. I do not know his true motives. But they can sing as he wants! I recently heard that Jeanne Friske was the best singer in Russia. This is a live-in and then Zemfira Aguzarovoj! And I am appalled. We need to do something about it. These people spoil the taste of not only themselves, but for the entire younger generation. And when people are working in the music, - it is necessary to trust them. And let them do their thing! And let us live in peace! (Filled with laughter) Guru KEN Photo - Paul DATSKOVSKY

No comments:

Post a Comment