Thursday, August 29, 2013

Alexander Gradsky: My Opera - not the Master and Margarita!

'32 One day. With "Master and Margarita" by the arm. Alexander Gradsky put an end to his opera, the famous, nor was before the Prime Minister. What might not be. As Gradsky Bulgakov wrote "The Master" for life. As someone - do not like it, but he did everything honestly. Talk about the music - it's empty, but trying to get through ... Interview with Gradskiy took "MK". - Alexander, where does it come from? - 32 years ago I came to the poet Paul Grushko and brought his game written in verse, based on "The Master and Margarita". But he did not see to 9.8 composer - say that would rather write. Grushko now be used in America, I was with him, and we signed a contract, which he allowed me to his texts and even without names. It turned it turned out that I just get to the finish line, after all these years, with the final opera. - Opera? You define the genre? - What genre - to solve the challenge. Yes, probably, "modern opera", that is multi-genre thing. It is full of musical allusions and quotations from Dunaevskogo Tchaikovsky, Verdi, Soviet middle of XX century. That is, the most important emotional issue - it is my original. Podygryshe and uses the same notes. The result - more than two hours of music, which has the purpose - as well as read books - fantasy excite the listener, but also - to suggest that the size of the original source. - So we have to wait for the premiere? - Not at all. I can not imagine how opera can be performed in a concert or theatrical version. It's just not possible. Unless a mad millionaire to consider this scale. Will soon start writing to disk, requiring sverhkachestvennogo level performers. And to capture one thing all the sounds in parts, and then blend with the computer, but alive gather in one place for two full orchestra (classical and popular music), the choir, the Alexandrov ensemble, various electro solo rock music (guitar, keyboards. ..), a solo singer? Why! And the Alexandrov ensemble, maybe some need only two verses, no more ... - And do not go to a concert for some light version to do? - Never! Single note will not change, no one piece! There will be only one option. These developments in the records that are already there, I sometimes lose friends - and now achieved iconic effect. Each listener feeling a of "his Bulgakov", because for me it is a novel - it is an emotional reason to figure out who I am, who I am as an artist. Bulgakov tried until the last hours of his life, to fix something or add to the "master", I could not stop ... - Who wrote the libretto? - I know, but from different sources: it is poetry Grushko (number of successful passages and beautiful pictures), and my poems the author repeatedly spoken text the music ... Based in fact, my story, but of course on the novel. - Do not be afraid that the case can heirs Copyright Mr. Bulgakov Shilovsky engage jealous the text from the attacks on the stage and in the movies? - I think he just told me to say thank you very much. Music has a great chance it away from a novel approach. In terms of energy ... - Yes? But he had a series of demands to the film version of Kara and Bortko. - If I was the heir, these films usually closed. No, for me, unlike the other "artists" is not a devil's going on and I think that Mr. Mikhail supported my work with the dead. I am 30 years old live with his novel - and 30 years dared not write, found music themes. It is only now by internal struggles of the mind to do it. And these gentlemen ... "Let's get $ 1.5 million and botched" That's what "botched" and define the word. - Bortko gladly fight for the "purity of the text." - Yes, what you say! These films - it's just bad and untalented in the truest sense, they took a huge task. - You must have the same name? - I think so. Hard to come up with something more accurate filling. Well, maybe I write "on the site." Is it important? My Opera - not the Master and Margarita, but the artist who presents himself in his work, and how to ... by Voland, and Jeshua, and the Master - To satisfy all three parties themselves? - Yes, if I did not top performers. And the party is extremely difficult. - And the role of Judas? - Judas is not in itself. Talk about him, but he did not sing. The second basic idea stated in the mouth Woland: to estimate the size of the world, we need to see the shadows. Remember: "The shadow is my sword ..."? - If an item is not delivered hardly find commercial success ... - What are you talking about! Material costs now - much, this is pure economic loss, and never, for example, which once again will be "zero" not be able to get out. But I will publish a record on your money. And all the soloists working for me for free. This is my condition to them! The only thing - the musicians to pay in any wrongdoing, and we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment