Thursday, August 29, 2013

Alexander Gradsky "If McFerrin is not me singing, I envy him!"

Our interview with Alexander Gradsky held to celebrate the birth of Mary Arbatova. Gradski came to congratulate her on her friend, and had not expected to have to talk about the most important NEWSmusic.ru. About music. The more interesting responses to the Maestro meticulous investigations. - You speak often about the use of recorded music in live performances. I would like to know your opinion on the use of pre-recorded electronic samples, this is not possible to play live? - In search of something. If such electronic music is demonstrated in a pure form, without singing and without staging solutions, it is of little interest. If it only supports singing or on stage - then why not? I always angry no creatures on stage. If you supported on stilts singing - this is a. And if you show stilts to sing instead - both. Lost, for to the viewer and the artist's needs. Communication. If there is no live communication, it's interesting. - There are also artists are very artistic. Alla Pugacheva, for example, or Boris Moiseev. - Let's not discuss Alla Pugacheva, or someone else separately. For me - they are all shit, all our artists. Without exception. There are few artists that I'm interested in watching are. And even less - who could be of interest to other countries. I know of two or three Russian artists are very interesting, and not in a pop genre, but I do know that the borders of our country, and they will listen to anyone. In pop music, we have not one who would be interested abroad. Ever. I am one of only a fool. And then it happened by chance, for a simple reason. God gave me more than others. That's it. He gave them what I've done. All. And if it is not specified, and would have happened to me nothing. - Alexander, you have a beautiful voice. But there are artists who do not take a vote. Tom Waits, for example. - Now compared. Tom Waits - is part of Western ideology. - But the voice is not present! - And it does not matter. He has many other advantages. Russian artists do not have these qualities, which are Western artists such as Tom Waits. His music is brilliant, he has great musicians and professionals, it has an interesting ideology fresh melodies. And these virtues - the mass. And we go out of the rear seats vulgarity. Must also decide: either vulgar or neposhlost. It is impossible to explain why it's vulgar. It is immediately apparent. For those who understand. And for those who do not understand them anyway. You accept it at face value. You ask me, and not try to find a consensus? The public can not be taught. There are two possibilities. One - let things take their course and wait for the audience wiser, and they will find out everything. So long. Secondly - do administratively. Only carefully. Necessary to prohibit work by vocal imitation. - Who is it monitored? - RW track. You are still sitting on every show! Give them a percentage, and they have all the route. For the money, you can find a sample and sound checks are coming! Allow the transfer of skills testing and search. Found a CD player - the concert was canceled. But the most interesting is that it will last long. Once a couple of times artists "aerial", cancel the concert, she immediately distributed producers of these "fonogrammschikov." Immediately! All kicked out and ask others who are alive will be able to get the room. It's simple. Finally, the manufacturers themselves know, and I almost all, are not very happy with this situation, "plywood". They even do not want to do shit. They think they do not know to do that shit? Enact such a law, and they quickly rebuilt. If a person does not sing on the stage, he has no right to go as a singer. If he is a dancer, you have to go on stage as a dancer. - In our post-modern age, it is possible to act tough break artists in the category? - Do you believe that we are now post-modern times? - Yes, because now the writers write books that do not need to read. Artists do not paint pictures and do installations and performances. And so on. - And I can not explain it. Simply, these artists have ceased to be an artist. I will not review the work of Alexander Shilov, but no one can deny that the draw-he knows how. He knows his job. And he is one of the most successful and highest paid artists in the country - a man who knows how to draw. This is the answer! And yet, to be able to draw and can not do in the situation - the result of years, work, sweat and suffering. And who knows how to earn conditional billion euros. And then there's the one who can not draw, and says to himself: "And I do not need a billion, I have enough half a billion. Why should I learn, was a half-life, I prefer to do the installation. "And they deserve in the current situation What to choose here is the question of the responsibility of the artist paints or sings it does not matter -?.. Why impose the artist to draw pictures - they let you install if it . want That is his right -. You just said that the artist has to draw a picture -... I'm not saying that he should let him do what he wants, but I was on that I can not stop to it to consider of shit Well, I'm not Malevich interested He bad as avant-garde, and bad, as a realist -.!.? What do you see as the phenomenon of actual music Fashion interesting groups to come to Russia, received a good press, but they have hundreds of people, and when they are in the "Olympic" to act as "Franz Ferdinand", then the half of the audience away And just to "fanerschitsu" glucose full houses -... This is the effect the recognition we -. "our boys", and it is - the ". wrong people" To perceive the current Western groups have with them in a common cultural space Does not Our audience is often no cultural space I like this "... Franz Ferdinand "generally uninteresting. And who are you interested in? Here came the" Olympic "People on low-cost tickets, look. And away. You have the right to come and see that he does not like to leave, and. But with Sting, Eric Clapton is no one left! What does this mean? Is a recognized high-quality music. Who belongs to the association? Ol Di Meola? He and America has in clubs and small restaurant, $ 200. While he - a great musician. It is a special artist. Here I saw Pastorius in New York. What a musician! But together with some guys out to play outside, and then died in a drunken brawl. Pastorius Jacques! - We have a club culture? - Of course it is. In addition, our club culture is now higher level than TV or pop culture. I often go in different jazz clubs - "Forte" in "News Pub", in "Le Club". Some guys are playing well. Sometimes I like. Hit it by accident, sits some trio and plays great. - Edurd Artemyev said recently: "Those who had to avoid the electronics not been ahead in the music." What do you think? - Artem may know something that I do not know. I do not use electronic music. I use samplers and electronic instruments. And in concert with recorded samples, live and recorded soundtracks and orchestral recording. Because I can not afford, do a concert in Izhevsk 250 musicians. And when the concert in Moscow - a live orchestra, and is sometimes more than one. It is very tedious work. Tickets are also still very cheap. Sponsors I is not seen. And hit her head - it is quite serious work. And I have not the strength to do it very often. But I know how to do it, and sometimes organized large orchestra concerts. But last year there were 400 people on stage. And on this year, 3 November, I will live in "Russia", where they will be on stage. The sound recording under samplers speak. It is used to accommodate different orchestra, with other players, but I'll be on stage alone. But only a very song program, I'll be a lot of singing. Get a night like this for three hours and a half, the only songs. - Do not you think that one of the causes for playbacking artists - a habit that modern audiences on the show? Where are all the flashes and explodes. Vocalist same can not sing, and jump at the same time and run? - Spectators are not as usual. Accustomed to your TV. They respond to a blue screen. If there day and night to show only this approach, undemanding audience is to accept it as standard. And leave. I am a part of the audience is not interested. Let him go, and the show. - Why did not you sing a duet? - Who? - Someone sing that can. - I asked to whom? (Jump Gradski laughs). - They sang as Freddie Mercury and Montserrat Caballé. - I sang with Larisa Dolina. And I was in the role of Mercury, and the role of Caballe. A valley in the role of herself. I had difficult this duo. Larisa and it was hard work. But for me, this work - every day. And for the valley - bit, she spent a lot of energy, and while she has no such projects. And now with the valley it was difficult to sing. I have to write a rock opera on Bulgakov, and I do not know who to invite you to sing. I do not have a singer. While only mean Arthur Berkut and carbon Noskov. These people I have long known, and I think that she can sing. Only a surprise for the last time, I - St. Petersburg singer Anna Netrebko of the Mariinsky Theatre. I do not know if she wanted to. - And with rock bands you really say goodbye? - Why should I? - Well, sang the same Mercury with "Queen". - It was not just a group, and "Queen". And if Mercury lived up to, he would not have the same music, which had then sung. The time is almost upon things. And it is not in the postmodern era, and in limited quantities, to compose music. Every talented person has a limited number of melodies and ideas. And since all the great composers were born in this genre, you expect nothing new in rock music is not required. - Britpop not be many new beautiful melodies. - Yes, but they are somewhere "taken." Somewhere stale. - All the same outdated or creative reinterpretation? Shakespeare is "stolen" as all the plots of his plays? Bach also "stolen" a lot of famous melodies that? - If Bach was a bit old and I was able to in a way they could not present them before. These stories, which Shakespeare did not create brilliant pieces of what Shakespeare wrote. In the genre of "solo-chorus" is very difficult, a song that was very different from the existing to create. The question is, how much you will add in the writings of his. His talent, his imagination a lot - the product of your last name is on. If little - stolen. Or "borrowed". I published anthology of original tunes. And it took the song Stevie Uayndera, and turned in her text. Since I needed a genre of soul music, and I can not write, it technically, born into the world of the white man. And I sang, replace the text. - Why do not you sing with good Western artists? - Why should I? So they sang my songs in English? I am familiar with many famous singers. To mention, however, to go, to impose ... I'm lazy. - Bobby McFerrin said recently in Moscow, which is after the tour a year or two alone, and together with other musicians, maybe Russian. - Well, I envy him. If it works with other musicians, but not working with me. He just sblyuet, and leave from here. After all, as is the case with a portfolio of Grebenshikov Russian superstar arrived in England? When Rod Stewart Grebenshikov heard to say: "This guy is the number one in Russia Then I went away?." And there came out of the studio. So it was. I like a lot of what makes Grebenshikov. But this is a conversation about what music is here, and that is - there. Why is worth it when you are not in a position to get the first blow? I would now like the "Phantom of the Opera" sung on Broadway. But I'm no one ... Vadim Ponomarev, NEWSmusic.ru

No comments:

Post a Comment